Robotics + Automation
VDMA Robotics + Automation is one of 39 sub-sectors within VDMA and unites more than 240 members: companies providing components and systems from the areas of robotics, integrated assembly solutions (formerly assembly and handling technology) and machine vision. The objective of this industry-driven platform is to support the robotics and automation sector through a wide spectrum of activities and services. Current activities include statistics and market surveys, marketing services, standardization, public relations, trade fair policy, networking events and conferences, both in Germany as well as worldwide.
In 2012, the turnover of robotics and automation (integrated assembly solutions, robotics and machine vision) increased by 3 % and thus reached a new record value of 10.5 billion euro. For 2013, VDMA R+A expects a further increase in turnover of another 3% to about 10.8 billion Euro. The export ratio has increased continuously to over 50%, not taking into account the turnover which is directly generated by subsidiaries abroad.
VDMA Robotics + Automation in China
China has become one of the most important markets for robotics and automation equipment and many VDMA Robotics + Automation members are already present in China by having a subsidiary, representative office or sales agent there. The VDMA representative office in Shanghai, together with VDMA Germany, strives to supporting VDMA R + A members relating to business in China. Since 2005, VDMA Robotics + Automation has been represented by VDMA Shanghai office.
Activities of the VDMA Representative Office in China include
- Central contact point for all VDMA R + A members providing first-hand information about the Chinese market and supporting the interests of VDMA Robotics + Automation member companies in China;
- Establishing and intensifying contact to relevant Chinese authorities and associations (e.g. CMIF (Chinese Machinery Industry Federation) and the newly established CRIA (Chinese Robot Industry Alliance), CMES (Chinese Mechanical Engineering Society)…)
- Assistance for market entry: office-in-office support for China-newcomers, assisting with personnel and staff issues, as well as scouting for suitable office locations and market analysis reports, providing information on Chinese business partners;
- Trade show information and support: Lately, the number of trade fairs claiming to cover robotics, automation, or robotics + automation has been increasing – VDMA R+A keeps track and stays in close contact with foreign and national trade show organizers. Neutral reports and first-hand information on relevant trade fairs are available for VDMA R+A members to guide members in their decision in which trade fair to participate. VDMA R+A supported trade fairs are actively promoted to acquire more visitors.
- Organization of symposia and delegation's journeys for VDMA R+A members to support market entry in China and/or for Chinese business partners coming to Germany.
- Assisting representatives of German companies with their business trips (e.g. acquiring visas)
- Reports (so called VDMA R+A China Newsletters) with a first-hand summary of News from China - tailor-made for VDMA Robotics + Automation members: development of the robotics + automation market, information about customer industries, news of VDMA R+A members in China, report on Chinese policies, overall business environment and economic development…
- Networking support – Since 2010, VDMA Robotics + Automation organizes so called VDMA R+A China Management Meetings in China. CEOs of the VDMA R+A member companies meet regularly once or twice a year to exchange views on topics such as marketing in China, communication with the German head office, market trends and challenges facing the industry, IPR, staff and personnel issues, B2B Strategic Communications in China, 12th 5-year-plan, ... Invited guest speakers enrich the discussion, but focus is on exchange, discussion and networking.
- Individual consulting for members on demand
VDMA Shangai Representative Office
Room 1.111, Overseas Chinese Mansion, No. 129, Yan'an Xi Road
Shanghai 200040, P.R.China
Tel. +86 - 21 - 62490188
Fax +86 - 21 - 62489851
Mob.: +86 156 1820 3357
VDMA Robotics + Automation
Lyoner Strasse 18
Tel: +49 69 6603 1590
Fax: +49 069 6603 2590
Bildquelle : Kuka